Final Reflection For American Literature 2019-2020

This year was unlike any other, from the beginning of the year everything was thrown off when I attended my first day of class. We were given the opportunity to choose our own style of learning and we decided to try this new way of learning called "open-source learning". Meaning we wouldn't read out of textbooks but instead we created a blog online and wrote about different topics, novels we read and express ourselves through an online blog. This was so different compared to any other class I had previously since I was always use to learning out of textbook that using my computer all the time was a different style of leaning for me. Now as the school year comes to an end what I found most meaningful was the technique to adapt to new and different situations and making new connections through the class. I really enjoyed when we had a class feast and everyone brought something homemade and had a story/meaning to every single person yet we could all bond over it which I found very interesting and of course enjoyed. As I look back at all the work I've, I'm most proud of my interview that I had to do at the end of the semester. Before that time I really had no practice with interviews but I was willing to try it since I know it was a skill I am going to need later on in life so I found it very helpful (even if it was stressful and nerve-racking). I put a lot of effort into practicing for that interview that afterwards I felt like it all had paid off. However one thing I wish I would've done differently was probably taken my journals more seriously and put more effort into them. I did try writing my best in those journals but sometimes my brain wouldn't cooperate and I'd start day-dreaming about something else that I felt like paying attention to my journals would've better my focus and calm my brain. Now moving forward I think this course really helped my with my curiosity level moving forward. I never realized how being open-minded about subjects can allow you to intake such more information that I never knew was out there that I found the importance of asking questions and in the future I hope to continue this trait in order to advance our society/community. I am choosing grade for this semester and personally I would grade myself an A+. I would grade myself this because I know this is challenging times for all of us, I mean we are basically surviving a pandemic, so it's definitely been a struggle for me as well in my own ways, but this really fueled my fire of determination to finish out this school year strong and put out my best effort. Therefore I attended almost every single class zoom, I participated in them, and I continue to update my blog all while dealing with family responsibilities and other classes that I also need to continue. My commitment this last semester was a challenge for me but I am proud of myself for sticking out till the end and I put in my very best to all my assignments which is why I would like to believe I've earned an A+. (I know the signs shouldn't matter but I was really striving for a plus in all my class)

Also I would just like to add a thank you to my teacher Mr. Preston for guiding me through my toughest year of high school as a junior in an AP American Literature class. If you are reading this Mr. Preston I just want to say, I appreciate all the support you gave us throughout this year and thank you for being a committed and eye opening teacher.

So long junior year!
-D.B.

Comments

Popular Posts