Dear Mentor

Dear Mr. Blanco, 
 
Hello I'm Deanna, a junior at Santa Maria High School, and recently in my English class I've been asked to research a topic that I'm really interested in and try to resolve it by finding my own answer. One question I've always wondered about was how does structural design affect a building's resistance to an earthquake? As a civil engineer I'm sure this a component that you have to consider every time before you construct something so I believe your knowledge in this field would be extremely helpful to me as I find my way through completely answering this question to the best of my abilities. Therefore if possible I would like to have a time to meet and further discuss this topic so that way I have a better understanding of what actually happens today in society when it comes to my question. 

Thank You, 
Deanna B. 

Comments

Popular Posts